Many people go through their daily lives feeling overwhelmed. There are so many things to do and there never seems to be enough time or energy to do them all. Is this how you feel about your business, career, or life?
Have you promised yourself that this month you are going to make some serious changes but you just aren’t sure what those changes need to be?
Think about laying out a vision, but make it a big vision. One that encompasses your passion in life and the gifts you have come to share. No matter what the focus of your business or career you have a lot to offer. You are unique and only you can contribute your strengths in your special way. Whether it’s staying at home and raising a family, making the best widget there is, the CEO of a company, a manager in IT Life is not a dress rehearsal so create your vision of what you really want and then take inspired action steps to attract it to you.
Don’t think of creating a little vision for your life, it’s time to stop thinking small. You will also need to let go of the excuse that you don’t have enough time. When that comes to mind think of this quote from Life’s Little Instruction Book, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr. “Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.”
These are the same steps I take with my clients to help them make the changes in focus and habit that bring them meaningful results. First you must be willing to take action.
Without changing your focus and habits you will never be able to change the results.
Without taking action you will never move forward and reach the results you want. Coaching is about getting results; listening to what the client really wants and working together, setting out the measurable steps to be taken that result in action and success.
You are responsible for the momentum; it will be up to you to take the actions on your own unless you choose to have the support, encouragement, guidance, and accountability that a coach provides.
Without the forward momentum and inspired actions it’s just a good thought. In order for your business to be successful, to be happy and fulfilled in your career, or prosperous and content in your life you need to have one common thread. Vision.
The process of creation starts with a thought, a great idea, a passionate want, or a dream of something magnificent to achieve. These are the intangible sparks that ignite our drive to move forward and turn the intangible into our reality.
Begin by brainstorming on paper, yes you must write it down to bring clarity, to make it real.
The first brainstorming session should be free flowing, don’t edit your thoughts or ideas. If you are working on your personal vision and your work vision to define what you want and how you want to spend your time, start with the personal vision.
This will give you absolute clarity about what is important to you, what you want, what are the things in your life you are passionate about and that make you feel fulfilled.
Then from there you can create the vision of your ideal business or career and take action to bring want you really want into your life.
Focus on what you really want, be very specific. Don’t just say you want lots of money, a nice home and no stress. Create a picture in your mind of exactly what you want down to the color of the carpet and the list of clients, and then using words draw that picture until your vision is clear.
- I want a profitable and fulfilling holistic health practice.
- I want to see clients in three different specialties plus passive income revenue streams.
- A full successful practice will have 30-40 clients.
- I will work five days a week between noon and six devoting the rest of the day to self-care, gardening, exercising, and spending time with family and friends.
- I will make 100,000 a year and take 5 weeks vacation throughout the year.
- I love to learn so I will spend 3 weeks a year in educational workshops and training programs to advance my career and myself.
- I have several tape sets, workbooks, & learning products that fit into my personal and vision statement providing my clients excellent value and tools that help them to get on track with their lives. These products are very rewarding to me because I can make money without having to be there. Making a contribution and improving people’s lives is very important to me so this is always something I carry out in my business practices and my community involvement.
- I have redesigned my home to be bright and airy and laid out the gardens for ease of care, and to provide color and fragrance from my flowers and tastes and aromas from my organic vegetables. I avoid stress by focusing on the positive and focusing my energy on the things that are really important to me and just let the rest go.
You create what you put your energy on. If you concentrate on all the things you don’t want on all the things you don’t have enough of that is what you will create more of. Start creating what you do want.
Start with your vision; clearly lay out your life, career, and business vision and then take the steps to make it your reality. One of the steps might include hiring a coach to make it happen faster for you.